Saturday, November 19, 2011

Retreating with my Man

Thursday was sunny, and so to the beach we ran!
There is something wonderful about getting away with my man!  We just returned from the Couple's Conference in Seaside, OR. and what I love is the joy that we feel in eachothers company.

We were able to spend this weekend together because of the blessing of a family who had already registered and then were not able to make it.  They called and asked if we could take their place.  Another family rented a house and told us there was an extra room if we would like it.  The Lord so beautifully provided the way.

Cannon Beach beautiful!
And the weekend was amazing!  We had times to be alone and times to play with friends, time to rest, and time to minister late into the night, time to laugh and time to get serious.  It was wonderfully refreshing.

The greatest message I took from the conference was the intentionality we need to have in our relationship with the Lord and in our marriages.  If we want to see growth in either, we need to be intentional to foster relationship, to find ways to grow and to bless, to encourage and to love.  A lot of what was shared was very basic, but I was hit with how important it is to hear those reminders.  Sometimes simply brushing up on the basics can bring renewed life to a marriage.

The basic necessity we saw need for growth in was dating!  And so, Saturday afternoon, Seth and I dated.  We found a table right by the fire (I love fires), ate a yummy lunch, and talked about how to make dating a priority in our marriage.  As I mentioned at the beginning of this blog, I love getting away with my man, and this weekend not only allowed for that, but also encouraged more of it, and an intentional plan was made to spend time with him, and only him, weekly.   (Hee, hee!  That makes me giddy.)

This weekend was a success!

Our weekend ended here! Yum!!

With our friends the Starks,

us, 

the Mattos's,

and the Sellstrom's, all coming off a great weekend of togetherness.

2 comments: