Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Conversations with Kylia


I had an interesting conversation with my middle daughter, Kylia, the other day.  She recently turned eight years old, and the wheels have been turning in her mind.  She asked a question that made me stop and really think, and pray, before answering.  “Mommy, is it hard to love Jesus in high school?” 

How was I to answer this?  We talked for a while, but the next day I didn’t feel we had really dealt with the heart of the issue.  After further questioning, I discovered that her reason for asking the question was because, “It seems like boys might distract you from Jesus.” 

Kylia is a thinker.  She is observing, reflecting, and questioning constantly.  She has a heart for the Lord and at the age of eight is already seeing areas that need to be fortified in order to remain steadfast for Jesus.  Can boys distract you from Jesus?  Yes, Sweety, they can.  But as daddy mentioned after hearing of this conversation, “The RIGHT boy will point you to Him.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment