Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun like a Child

We are often told to have Faith like a child. But I would like to add that we need to have Fun like a child. What do I mean? Well, the other day we were heading home from Portland, when our just potty-trained daughter informed us that she needed to go potty. We instantly searched the Garmin Nuvi for a rest area, and were elated to find one only 6 miles away. While there, Zoie discovered the joy of electric hand dryers. Please envision with me (since my camera was not on hand at the time) a small girl in braids. She is wearing a yellow dress and tennis shoes (She calls them her "Sparkle Shoes"). Her braids have lasted most of the day and are now beginning to fall out. These dryers are automatic and after drying her hands, she continued to dry her entire body. With eyes closed, and a smile spread from ear to ear, she stepped under the dryer, and giggled with delight. Her hair blowing in her face, I saw joy unlike anything else. This is having fun like a child. My Zoie found joy in the little things. And I found joy in her.

No comments:

Post a Comment