Saturday, March 20, 2010

Up and Beyond

I am in the process of teaching my children the importance of giving 110% in everything they do. Lately, it seems, the girls have been doing just the minimum, and it is beginning to get tiring. So, they have received a few "mommy talks" about the importance of going "above and beyond" when asked to do something. If asked to make bed, pick up toys too. When asked to clear their dishes, clean off the entire table. If asked to write two sentences, write three interesting ones.

I believe my talk got through to Kylia, when the next day, after being asked to put the pillows back on the couch, she replied, "Mommy, I am going to go 'up and beyond' for you today!" She then folded a blanket, took mine and Seth's Bibles and journals to our bedrooms, made our bed :), and did a handful of other tasks. Adalie then caught the spirit and ran upstairs to clean saying, "I'm going to go 'up and beyond' too!"

I love to see a child who has a heart to go 'up and beyond' in everything they do! So, we will continue teaching, continue loving, and continue guiding our children toward that goal.

(Kylia didn't clean toilets that day, but these were the only cleaning pictures I had, so I stuck them in. She loves to swish toilets, so these pictures had to go in somewhere! :)

1 comment:

  1. Forgot to comment the first time I read this! So adorable! What great kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete