Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Search is On!

Zoie and Joy the Bunny
     My girls were playing Hide-and-Seek with their stuffed animals.  They hid Spots the dog, Joy the bunny, and a number of other much loved "pets".  Then they began searching.  What I heard made me stop and think.  It went like this, "Joy!  Where are you?  Joy, where did you go?"  
     I began to wonder.  Are there days that I have chosen to search for joy?  Or, do I simply choose to live in my sadness?  I remember one such day, that I chose to stay in my mood.  God revealed my attitude to me early on, but instead of searching out joy, I wallowed.  It wasn't until late in the afternoon that I finally chose to ask the Lord for forgiveness and then began the search.  He poured out His joy quickly and I wondered to myself, "Why did I wait so long?"  
     So, on those days that sadness seems to reign, I have remembered the girls game and I too begin to search for joy.
     
     Nehemiah 8: 9&10, "This day is holy to the Lord your God.  Do not mourn or weep. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
     Psalm 65:8, "The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy."



No comments:

Post a Comment