Friday, July 19, 2013

Faster than a Speeding Bullet!

I have a daughter entering Junior High.  I'm a bit shocked.  I was told that my children would grow up fast, but the minute she hit sixth grade it was as if she was transported through time in a rocket ship.  It all happened a bit faster than I had believed.

The first day she sat with us through worship and then left with the "Big" kids to her JH Sunday School class, was the day the tears started flowing.  I didn't expect these emotions that welled up so quickly, and I wasn't quite prepared for all that needed preparing.  For instance, I began thinking back to when I was in Junior High, and the changes that took place in me, and everyone around me.  The boys that suddenly wanted to go out, and when you didn't answer them fast enough (because, is that okay?) would run off and ask another girl the same day.  I remembered all of the insecurities that seemed to plague me in those years and honestly, I wanted to run.

But, instead of running, I thanked the Lord for this new stage of life that we are entering.  I thanked Him for the beautiful, young lady Adalie is becoming.  I thanked Him for her courage and boldness to try new things, and not shy away from challenges or change.  And then I prayed for wisdom!  I prayed for the words to speak to prepare her for the years to come, a continued closeness so she will always feel free to come to Seth and I with questions and concerns, and then for more wisdom!

Growing up, but still young enough for cuddles with Grandma.
We are entering a new stage!  I have loved each and every one of the last 10 years of Adalie's life, and I am confident the coming years will be even more exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment