Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My Husband has Made Me a Better Person

    After reading the title of this blog, I wonder at your response.  Did you instantly jump into the body of the text to see what I had to say, or did you find yourself laughing out loud, mumbling "Ya right", thinking of your own relationship, your own experiences?  
    I know as a wife, there are times when our husbands can say or do things that we don't like.  We can, if we choose, focus on those negatives, take them to heart, live there.  Or, we can choose to look at those qualities of our husbands that have grown us, made us smile, changed our lives.
    Seth has done just that.  When we met, I was an insecure, little girl, too fearful to step out boldly for much of anything.  Then Seth entered my life and began to help me overcome my insecurities.  He is constantly encouraging me to participate in activities that will grow me and stretch me.  Together we've taken classes, joined ministries, listened to sermons, or walked through times of healing, all of which I would have been too fearful to do on my own.  From all of these, I have grown.  I am growing closer to the Lord, and as I grow closer to Him, all of my insecurities are falling by the wayside and the strength of the Lord is reigning in my life.  
    Seth continually tells me what a treasure he has found in me, what a gift I am.  I am growing more confident, because I know I have value.
   Seth has taught me to dream and because of that I desire to change the world.  I'm no longer afraid to say it.  I am a world changer!  My life is valuable, important, unique, all because it was given to me by the Lord and I know He has amazing plans for me.
   So, what about you?  Do you have a man in your corner that is spurring you on to be the best you you can be?  Can you look past the negative and start speaking what is good about your man?  I bet as you do, not only will your love for him grow, but your view of him will begin to change as well.  I bet in there, somewhere, you have a superman waiting to burst onto the scene!

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." Philipians 4:8
Yep!  He's my superman! :)
   

No comments:

Post a Comment