Sunday, July 26, 2015

Fearless

We are winding down here in Winona Lake.  The movie wrapped this week, and a lot was learned throughout the filming.  There is one person in particular from whom I felt I learned the most.  Her name is Virginia.  She is a beautiful woman who let us in to her heart from day one.  She came on the set a week after we had begun.  I first met her at breakfast.  She had never worked with any of the crew, and yet as she entered the room, she carried her breakfast and joined someone sitting by himself.  She simply said, "May I join you?"  (It looked so simple.)  They had what looked like a wonderful conversation.  He, having to leave, she picked up her remaining breakfast and made her way to our table.  We too had a lovely conversation with this woman.

I have been watching her throughout the filming and have been amazed by what I've seen.  She enters a room confidently.  She knows her job.  She knows when to give critique, but does it with love.  She is not afraid to try new things.  She makes everyone around her feel valued and loved, and not once have I seen her let fear keep her from reaching out to another.  She has become, with the best of intent, the mama on the set.  People come to her for advice, invite her to join them on outings, and make sure to give her a hug before they head out for the night.

Virginia has been a gift to this movie!

I have learned a lot watching this fearless woman!


No comments:

Post a Comment