Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Questions that Bring Smiles

During my devotions this last week I was presented with a question that simply made me smile.  "Was there ever a time in your life where you were loved by someone that would demonstrate the idea of 'love your neighbor as yourself'?"  I didn't have to sit here for long before memories, old and new, began to race through my mind.  Back home we were surrounded by people who I am pretty sure came right out of the heart of God.  Because of them, our lives will never be the same.  And here in Indiana it is again as if God hand-picked people to surround us with His love.  Some of that love has been simple, hello's and smiles as we pass on the street, taking time to stop and chat on the sidewalk, or a hug as we enter a room.  And some a bit more complex, baking us cookies and leaving a precious note on our doorstep, cutting a key so we can drop by at any time of day to do laundry, researching all sorts of activities in the area so our family will have fun and feel welcomed.  Was there ever a time where I felt loved?  Continually!  My God is a beautiful giver of sweet gifts.

This question was a wonderful thing to ponder as it didn't allow for thoughts that were anything but pure, lovely and of good report.  So, I would love to present it to you.  When have you experienced the love of a neighbor?  I would love to hear about it!
Our neighborhood, where we see many of these beautiful people!

2 comments:

  1. One night, my husband was feeling particularly down. I contracted a friend for prayer. They offered us a date night to regroup. When we declined, their entire, amazing, beautiful, loving, selfless family showed up on our door step with kitchen sink cookies. And they didn't even care that my son was wearing nothing but his underwear. ;-)

    ReplyDelete