Friday, July 17, 2009

Melt My Heart

Right now life is financially tough. Yet amidst the current times, my husband still manages to melt my heart. Yesterday, after having a money talk, he responded, "Well, I'm glad you're not for lease." Going along with what I thought was a silly conversation I responded with, "Yep! I'd be the first thing to go!" He looked at me with great confusion and asked what I meant. So I said that I don't keep a roof over the girls heads or food in their tummies or clothes on their back. I'm a commodity, not a necessity (as far as physical needs go). He stopped me right then and there and with complete sincerity said that I was the most important thing in the home, that I brought peace and joy, and I made life worth living. Next to God there was only me. WOW!! He just made my week!

Sometimes as a mom, I wonder how important my life is. Does the laundry, dishes, cooking, and constant cleaning, really mean anything? But then my husband stops me mid wondering, and shows me that I am so much more. So even though finances are pinching, I know that I am blessed, because I have a husband that loves me, and tells me, in wonderful ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment