Monday, July 20, 2009

Sweetest Little Thing

Kylia has a special sweetness inside of her that has made me stand in awe recently. As we arrived home from church yesterday, I was scurrying around to get lunch ready, when Kylia walked in and stated, "I want to serve you today mama, what can I do?" So she set the table. Then she came back, "I want to serve you today mama, what can I do?" So she folded the clothes that just came out of the dryer. When her sister tried to help she was a little bummed, "But I am serving mommy today." All throughout the day I heard those words spoken. Kylia wanted to bless me today with all her heart, and boy was she successful! Those words, spoken from a sincere heart, made this mama's heart soar!

A few days ago, as we were sitting on our couch, Kylia stated that she wanted to go home. I thought she was being silly, so while tickling her tummy I said, "We are home silly girl." Then she exclaimed, "No, our real home mama, in heaven!" The tickling stopped. Kylia wants to see Jesus face-to-face, and she talks about heaven quite often. She is excited and ready to go. I have told her that Jesus will come back for us when He has everything ready, (and I pray that He won't take her home, unless He is ready to take us all.) I love that she realizes, in her four (almost five) year old mind, that this world is not our home, and there is something so much better to look forward to.

Kylia is my sweet little girl and I am so thankful that the Lord has entrusted her to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That melts my heart.... The simple truths that kids speak are profound for out adult ears. Bless her Lord and Always Always stir in her the desire to see you face-to-face.

    ReplyDelete