Thursday, July 23, 2009

We Serve an Awesome God!!

My husband has been self-employed now for a year and a half. In this economy I have to admit it has been a challenge. We have been living day-to-day recently not knowing where the next check was coming from, or if it was coming. We have been trusting the Lord will provide as He promises again and again in His word, but there have been times when our flesh has taken over and stress almost chokes the life from us. Today was one of those days. Seth hit rock bottom this morning, and I quickly followed this evening. Forgive us Lord for our disbelief. After coming downstairs and sharing with Seth that I got grumpy, he journeyed to the mailbox. We often find ourselves heading to the mailbox in search of what we call, "Miracle Mail". (God owns the cattle on a thousand hills, has money appear in the mouth of a fish, so why not a mailbox?) Today the miracle arrived!!!!!! Oh how GREAT IS OUR GOD!! As I was quickly sinking into a spirit of despair, Seth walked in with a huge smile on his face and stated, "Hey grumpy, here's some miracle mail for you." In his hand was a check for $2000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was a simple, typed note attached, "I heard about your situation so I hope this helps. I love you guys and am praying for you." It brought me to tears instantly, and I am about to cry again thinking about how awesome my God is. Why He loves us so much I will never know. But I am so grateful. I write this today so we will never forget that our God WILL DO what He says He will do. He is our provider. Why is it so hard to remember? God has provided like this many times before. In fact, about two weeks ago, we got a call from our pastor who told us that someone had given him a $500.00 check to give to us!!!!! Again and again, God has been faithful. Jude 1:1 &2 from the Message states, "Writing to those loved by God the Father, called and kept safe by Jesus Christ. Relax, everything's going to be all right; rest everything's coming together." Praise you Jesus! Hebrews 6:11&12 states, "And now I want each of you to extend that same intensity toward a full-bodied hope, and keep it till the finish. Don't drag your feet. Be like those who stay the course with committed faith and then get everything promised to them." Lord we are going to stay the course for you. We are believing that you are bringing everything together, and making everything right. Thank you for loving us so much. Thank you for never leaving us. Thank you for always keeping your promises. And thank you to all of you that listen to the Lord's voice, and then are obedient to what He requests. May you be forever blessed for how greatly you have blessed us. We love you all, whoever you are! We are blessed!

1 comment:

  1. God is GOOD!! Thanks for living your life so that others see HIS goodness. We love you guys and you are such a Godly example of FAITH.

    ReplyDelete