Thursday, August 6, 2009

Daily Discoveries




My Zoie, just barely three, is discovering new things daily. While on our vacation she thrilled me with her newest discovery. After dark I put the girls to bed in the cabin and went outside to sit by the fire. About a half hour later, Grandma went to retrieve something from inside and when she returned she was holding a Zoie. Apparently she had been out of bed, wandering about, when Grandma walked in. So, instead of getting grumpy and returning her to bed, I figured, "Hey, it's vacation!" With that Zoie climbed onto my lap, and turning around exclaimed quite loudly, "SPARKLES IN THE SKY! MAMA LOOK! SPARKLES IN THE SKY!" Her excitement was adorable. The joy she found from the "sparkles" brought a smile to all who heard. She continued looking around at the sky, which was hidden in patches by the trees, and realized that there were sparkles in lots of places. It was wonderful! I was so thankful that on this night, I was willing to disrupt the usual "back to bed", and experienced with my daughter the joy of being three, and the discovery of new things.

2 comments:

  1. That was awfully precious! I loved the sparkles in the sky that night, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be a flexible mama! That's awesome and what a gift you got because of it. Glad you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete