Wednesday, November 18, 2009

You make me Smile!


When homeschooling there are times when I don't feel quite adequate. Sometimes the school day feels like chaos. Other times it seems to be going well. On this particular day, I was looking around our schoolroom (which is also the playroom and guest room) and noticing the mess, seeing the things I still needed to finish, and basically feeling like things were a bit chaotic. Then Seth walked in and everything changed. "Wow! This is a perfect homeschool picture! Zoie's painting, you're reading to Kylia, and Adalie is doing her work at the table." He continued for a short period to praise my teaching. With those comments, Seth flipped my day from chaotic craziness to delight. He helped me to see things a bit differently. His praise turned my day around in an instant, and well, he made me smile.

3 comments:

  1. April,
    you are an amazing mother and teacher! And it is so good to see Seth appreciate you and your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Martha's comment - I also want to praise you for all of the amazing books!! I recognize so many of them! What fun we have had finding and giving books, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the reading corner! And I heartily agree with my Mom and Jackie. You ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete