Monday, November 30, 2009

Lights of the Season

Oh, how I love Christmas lights! The sparkle, the color, and the beauty of them make the Christmas season come to life. The very first Christmas was introduced with a magnificent star shimmering in the sky and the tradition of light still continues. This weekend we had the pleasure of enjoying Zoolights at the Portland Zoo. Color was everywhere, animals were on display (the baby elephant blowing water at its mama was Kylia and my favorite), and the night air was brisk. The perfect evening to ring in the Christmas holiday season.
As we rode the train I enjoyed listening to my girls as they discovered animals aglow. Zoie hopped from one lap to the next in hopes of getting the best view. Then racing my girls through the park in an attempt to keep warm kept the giggles flowing, the hugs a-comin', and the grumpies away. This night was filled with "Oooh's" and "Aaah's" as we admired the beauty and the brilliance that comes this time of year. Oh, how I love Christmas lights!

2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun seeing all the lights! And the train ride was great even though we had to wait almost an hour to get on it! Thanks for the great pictures, April.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures and the smiles on their faces. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete