Thursday, January 7, 2010

Marriage through the eyes of a child.


Sitting around the lunch table the topic of marriage was brought up by Kylia. Almost instantly my sweet precious daughter, Adalie tried desperately to hold back her tears. "I don't want to get married and move away," she said. I told her that just because she got married didn't mean she would have to move away. With tears in her eyes she said, "But I'll have to live in another house." As I was trying to console her and tell her that a day would come when she would be excited about marriage, Zoie declared quite loudly, "NO! I WON'T DO IT! I WON'T LIVE WITH MY PRINCE!" Two different girls, two different personalities, two precious babes!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! I had a similar conversation with my mom at that age, only, I was telling her I would never go to college, because it meant I would have to move away. (sigh) - my, oh, my, how things change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the honesty of a child. I don't even think I was thinking about marriage at that age. I love those glasses too!

    ReplyDelete