Friday, January 1, 2010

Standing in Awe

As I look back over our Christmas season there are many joyous moments to remember:

Watching my children perform their very first Christmas play. (Girls you were amazing! You spoke so clearly and with so much enthusiasm. I love your spirit. You all shone like stars!)

Making special gifts with my girls to give to their grandparents.

Editing eight different stories with Adalie that she worked on for two months desiring to bless her family. She was so thoughtful, trying to choose characters that each member of the family would most appreciate.

Miraculous money that enabled us to buy gifts for our family, girls, and Seth and I for each other. (This was money left over after all of the bills were paid!! God is so good! I am still in awe!)

Zoo Lights. Family, laughter and a cool, crisp holiday night.

Seeing brothers and sisters who came home for Christmas.

Spending time with my new niece. Isn't she adorable!!

Going to the movies with my man and my girls. (Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeakquel. Super cute!)

Seeing the excitement on my husband's face as I opened his presents, and absolutely loved them! He spoiled me! (No pictures yet, but he got me a gorgeous outfit, complete with jewelry. This outfit may be shown in an upcoming blog after a romantic date night together. So, stay tuned!)

A special night walking the streets of Peacock Lane

and dining at the Rheinlander. (Compliments of my wonderful Father-In-Law. Thank you Dale! It was such a fun evening!)

Playing crazy games and laughing in silliness. ("I have 3 rubber duckies, a piece of bark, and a toothbrush super-glued to my head!! Tell me the truth about your grandmother!!" Yep, Quelf is super crazy!)

And the list could go on. This Christmas season was truly amazing!

As I reflect on it all, what I see is the hand of God moving mightily in our lives. We have been so blessed this month and throughout the entire year. Yes, there were some hard times, but God ended the year with a bang! He brought us through and showed us that He is always in control and all we need to do is rest in his loving embrace.

So this season, as I look back over all the wonderful blessings we've enjoyed, what stands out most vividly is the awesomeness of my God.

And I am standing in awe of Him!

2 comments:

  1. SO special! It was so wonderful spending time with you and your beautiful family. I miss you guys, but am super stoked for Hawaii! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great Christmas. Thanks, April, for writing down all of our memories. Can't wait to create more.

    ReplyDelete