Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Day in the Life of the Himes

A picture of our day.

Today was an unusual day because daddy was gone. Seth has an office from home. Well, it is actually a coat closet under the stairs, but he likes to refer to it as his "Command Center". Today, Seth had to work out of the house and so his office was empty. It's good for him to leave this itty-bitty room every once in a while. :)
As I prepared breakfast the girls began their day with spinning. And laughter. Lots of laughter. It was a great way to start our day.
Our breakfast of eggs, sausage and toast was quickly gobbled up.After breakfast, the girls headed upstairs to get ready for the day. The play room and bed room were quite the mess this morning, and so after finishing their list they did a quick clean-up. Once the rooms were clean, we headed to the classroom/playroom and began school. School, when we are home, begins with Calendar Time. We pray, read our Bible, go over our memory verse (we are on week #4, shown below), and do our calendar. Some times we play instruments and do Mad Libs. Since this was fun Friday, after Calendar we pulled out Sequence-States and Capitals. The girls had a lot of fun learning this new game.
12:00 rolls around quite rapidly at our house and it's already time for lunch. While I prepared the food, the girls sang and danced to the soundtrack from Annie. Quite often our house will sound like a musical. (Zoie has been known to break into song to explain her love for her family or Jesus.)

Lunch: Mac-N-Cheese, carrots, apple sauce, and french bread. Yes, it is time for mommy to go shopping!After lunch, Zoie heads to bed. She was not happy to have to lay down today, but a girls got to do what a girls got to do.After a few tickles the crying turned to laughter. . .And Zoie went to bed happily.
I then headed downstairs to get the girls started on their school work. Weirdly enough, Adalie was missing. I quickly found her hiding beside the love seat. Nice try sweetheart, but you still have to get your work done. :)
I had a bathroom to clean today, so the girls joined me in my room while I cleaned. That way I was able to answer questions, and still get some work done.

After the bathroom, then there was some laundry to fold.
And yes, five socks lost their partners. How does that always happen?
Schools over just in time! Daddy's home!
The girls got out Dr. Suess's Cat in the Hat, "I Can Do That" to play. This game has you 1. Do a motion. 2. With an object. 3. On your head, tucked under your chin, between your knees, etc.
It was pretty cute!
They really enjoyed Sequence this morning and so they chose to play again. Kylia was a little upset because Adalie won two games, and Kylia was sure she would never be able to win. Adalie assured her that she would win soon. (And if I'm lucky, the girls will learn their capitals in record time.)
While the girls and I played, Zoie stuffed the game pieces in my pant pockets. Amazingly enough, it kept her entertained the entire game! Once they were all in, she then had to pull them out, one-by-one when it was my turn to play.
Daddy joined us while we played.
Next the girls acted out a little play. Adalie was the princess, Kylia was the prince and Zoie was the other princess. Kylia chose Adalie for her princess and so Zoie became the baby. The blankets were the girls' fur coats. Quite the royal entourage!
While the girls played, I prepared dinner. Homemade French Fries and Sloppy Jo's was the menu for the night. It was a, "What do I have on hand?" sort of dinner.

After dinner, I was off to the gym. This was another unusual thing about the day. Mommy last exercised a week and a half ago. Well, I'm trying. (And yes, I went to exercise with a Sloppy Jo and French Fries in my belly. Smart idea? I don't think so.) While mommy was gone, daddy and the girls did a little Karaoke to Hannah Montana.

I told you they love to sing!
After this day of fun times, yummy food, cleaning, and a bit of learning, the little chicas were tucked in bed.


Good Night from the Himes 5. Sweet Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post, and I love that I really felt a part of your day!! Well done! You guys keep your days busy and fun all at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post! Thanks for walking us through your day! Love you! Amber

    ReplyDelete