Wednesday, February 10, 2010

College Reunion Memories


Seth and I revisited our old stomping grounds this weekend. It was our 10 year college reunion! Seth and I met at George Fox University 14 years ago, fell in love, and married our junior year of college. This weekend we returned to this memorable place where our relationship first began. It was so much fun to walk through campus reminiscing of times past. We walked up the hill to the dorms we lived in our freshman year, remembering how Seth decided on that hill that he was the only guy that would be right for me. (I was already head-over-heals for him by this time and so I heartily agreed.) We talked about the silly things we used to do, like duct taping our legs together, and going to meet people. We talked with friends from back-in-the-day and realized how blessed we were with such quality friendships. They are still amazing!

We visited Camp Tilikum where we were both camp counselors, and shared so many memories. (Seth had kept the key to the Big Swing on his keyring all these years. Unfortunately, the locks were changed and so we performed a small ceremony, saying goodbye to a small piece of history. We took pictures of this momentous event which were quickly lost by a memory issue in my camera. I was greatly bummed.)

Sometimes revisiting times past can be awkward, but this weekend we were reminded of all the good that surrounded us during these years, and we were blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you guys. I still remembering when I first met you at Camp Tilikum, April! And I remember Seth asking me if my sister and Brant were dating. :) Wow. How time changes things, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember bringing April to Tillicum for Family night at Day Camp and Seth had a scavenger hunt ready for her to follow. She wildly ran all over camp collecting clues and trying to find Seth. All ended well when she found him.

    ReplyDelete