Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lessons Learned


In Sunday School today my girls learned about Nehemiah and how he took the initiative to rebuild the wall around Jerusalem. They learned the importance of taking the initiative in their own lives to do what needs to be done, instead of leaving those tasks to others. (I was there teacher today, so I remember the lesson vividly.) At home, what struck me, was how well they had listened to what was taught. After playing outside, they were asked to bring their toys in and get ready for supper. What they did was even better. Not only were their toys taken care of, but they also decided to clean the garage. They ran inside to share with me that they saw something that needed to be done and they did it! "Just like Nehemiah!"

I love knowing that my girls listen when they are taught important lessons. But what blesses me even more is their heart to then take what they learned and put it into practice. And with a spring in their step and a smile on their face.

2 comments: