Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Two Many Questions

I have noticed something lately.  I ask too many questions.  That is, one too many.  I always pair my questions together asking Seth two things at once.  "Do you want to stay up a little longer or are you tired?"  "Do you want lasagna or enchiladas?"  "Do you want me to cut your hair now or later?"  "Are you feeling better or does your head still hurt?"  All these questions are fine by themselves, but when the answer is given, it gets a little tricky.  "Yes." or "No."  That is usually the answer I receive, yes or no.  Not both.  One or the other.  So when asking the question, "Do you want to stay up a little longer, or are you tired?" and receiving a "Yes" response, I still have no more information than I did before asking the question.  Then I wonder, did he hear the first part of the question or only the second?  I guess the only answer to that is "Yes." :)

(Now, we catch ourselves doing this and we chuckle.  It is amazing how many times in a day these dual questions are asked!)

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this! And I wonder why I get so confused sometimes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete