Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weekend of Laughs

Their bruschetta was amazing.
We tried an olive appetizer. Yum!
Over the weekend, we journeyed down to Portland to enjoy a present we received for Christmas.  Our excitement began Friday as we dropped our children off at grandma and grandpa's to be loved on and spoiled.  Then we were off!  Just the two of us!!  We were meeting my parents at Macaroni Grill (another Christmas gift from two years ago :) at 6:00, so Seth and I decided to get there early to get a seat.  Upon arrival, the restaurant was empty and we were seated immediately.  We had an hour all to ourselves!  We enjoyed yummy appetizers, flavored lemonade and adult conversation. :)  When my parents arrived we had a delightful dinner and played Farkle.  Then we were off to . . . . .

The Brian Regan Live Show!!!  I just want to say, I didn't know it was possible to laugh for 2 hours straight.  But laugh we did.

Dad was laughing before the show began!
We are all excited!  Out on the town at 8:00?
Our girls spent the night with their grandparents and so in the morning, the four of us (mom, dad, Seth and I) went to Starbucks for breakfast, lingered in Hallmark, and shopped at Old Navy (another gift) where I found some fresh, new clothes that made me feel beautiful.  And the whole day we were repeating jokes from the night before.  The laughter continued. 

Breakfast at Starbucks outside in the sun!!!!

This was a weekend to remember, a weekend of laughs. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an amazing treat! I just want to say you are SO beautiful and photogenic April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love your smile in front of the marque. A cheery heart is like good medicene. A memory for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We have seen him once before and I agree lauging for 2 straight hours is wonderful! April you are so beautiful and I like Lori said, SO photogenic. God's light shines out of you girl!

    ReplyDelete