Thursday, February 17, 2011

Answer to Prayer

Today was my Beth Moore Bible Study.  Every Wednesday I drop off my girls, and head over to my class in which I am filled up, stretched, challenged, and encouraged.  Then I head back across the parking lot to pick up my girlies.  As I was talking with their wonderful teacher about how the girls did, she shared that they were a delight and then she paused and with complete sincerity stated, "Thank you for bringing them."  The look on her face and the sincerity in her voice made me pause.  Thank you for bringing them?  Thank you for bringing more children for you to have to care for, teach, direct, and instruct?  I had never heard those words before and I was completely at a loss of how to respond.

My mama's heart was so proud of my girls in that moment.  What had they done to receive such a wonderful comment from their teacher?  What had they said or how had they acted?

The only thing I could think to say was that in the evening when I pray over them, one of my prayers is that we will be a blessing to others in the coming day.  That is my hearts desire, that our lives will bring blessing to everyone we come in contact with.  And in her comment, I knew that for this day, the Lord had answered my prayer.

5 comments:

  1. I am blessed by hearing how blessed you are. It is a great thing when those prayers that we say each evening over our babes...you can see it in them...He always hears us doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are a joy to have around. And you are a great mother to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, that's so cool. God is so good to answer our prayers (and to let us know He has!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have AMAZING girls April! We love them so much and I often give thanks that my kids have your wonderful children as friends. They are fruit from the tree of Seth and April! Way to go mom and dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. April, your family is amazing. There is such a peace, joy and sincerity that comes not only from you and your hubby but your girls are so loving too. I haven't spent very much time with them but the few times I have, they blessed my heart.

    ReplyDelete