Thursday, March 17, 2011

How'd I Get You

Last night Seth and I were talking together on the couch.  Seth proceeded to 'check me out', and then declare, "How did I get you?"  As my heart fluttered within me, the same sentiment whirred around in my mind.  "How did I get you, Seth Owen?"
From the moment we began dating Seth's eyes have only been for me.  He is a man that loves the Lord and is leading his family into a deeper relationship with Him.  He is romantic and tender.  He is thoughtful beyond words.  He is still, after 12 years of marriage, able to look at me with eyes of wonder.  My man is a dreamer and visionary, which keeps life exciting!  He has big goals that he strives to reach.  He has a hope in the Lord that is so strong that it doesn't matter what the week before held, he has a hope that this week will bring with it something amazing.  He is fun.  He loves his girls.  He loves others.  My man is amazing, and I wonder, "How did I get you, Seth Owen?  You are a gift from God."

Seth is not a perfect man, but he is a gift.  I would love to hear how your man is a gift to you!  Let's lift up our men up today. :)

5 comments:

  1. so sweet, I hope that he reads this! Way to lift up your man April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe my man taught your man a few things! I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure he did Martha! And I am so thankful for your man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this is a very sweet thing you have written, my friend. Beautiful. There are very few things as powerful as a woman's love and honor for her man. When a man has a woman like you by his side, there is no limit to what he with God can do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, special blog post. Even though my man and I have gone through so much, we truly can say we love each other more and more. What a testimony to your girls. Good model of a REAL MAN!

    ReplyDelete