Thursday, March 31, 2011

Praying Together

This morning Zoie woke up before I had a chance to pray (actually mommy didn't wake up as early as she should have).  Zoie waited patiently as I was finishing my journal writing, and then asked if she could pray with me.  So, she climbed on my lap and we began to pray.  She started with a prayer of thanksgiving, "Thank you, Jesus, for my toys."  Then I expounded on her prayer by thanking the Lord for his many blessings in our lives, for the ability to play and have fun, and for friends to share our toys with.  She then thanked Jesus for her sisters, and again I expounded on her prayer with thanksgiving for all the members of our family and realizing how truly blessed we are to have grandparents that love us and want to spend time with us, and auntie's and uncles that care for us, for special relationship with each of them.  This continued for the next ten minutes, she would thank the Lord and I would add to it.  Then she was done and she said, "Amen", jumped off my lap and said, "Let's bake something."

This was such a special morning where Zoie and I were able to experience the presence of the Lord together, share our hearts with Him and grow together in Him.   I felt like my legacy was already beginning to be passed down as I heard in my baby girl a desire to spend time together in prayer. 
And I didn't mind the cuddle time either!

3 comments:

  1. April, what an absolutely precious moment for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, how special. I love it when God connects mommas and daughters together like that You truly are a blessed family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it too! What a special time for you two with your Jesus. I bet your heavenly Father was basking in 2 of HIS girls this morning. Love it-

    ReplyDelete