Monday, April 18, 2011

Our Creation

Last year Seth bought me a sewing machine and I knew that it would honor him for me to use it.  So, for his birthday the girls and I decided to make a memory quilt.  On the quilt I wanted our hand prints, and drawings of things that we do as a family.  Other than that however, I had no idea what I was doing.  So, off we headed to Joann's with this vague idea of what we wanted.  I figured that I would pick up a few different kinds of material and throw it together into a masterpiece.  :)

As we were driving I prayed for direction from the Lord, because so often I find myself wandering around this particular store and wondering, "Why am I here?"

The Lord was gracious this evening and prompted me to find a pattern, then pointed me in the right direction.  I found a "quilt in a day" pattern which looked simple enough and had all of the dimensions of material needed.  Whew, I was not going to have to wing this one! 

The girls were a wonderful help choosing the material and together we found some that looked manly, yet had a fun flair to it. (a manly fun flair :)

A month and a half later, my "quilt in a day" was complete.  And here it is!  I have to admit, we girls are proud of our accomplishment!
We finished!
Kylia drew a picture of daddy in his Super Man pose, because he is our Super Man!
This is Adalie's drawing of our family on a bike ride.  (We like to bike our trail to the Sound.)

Zoie drew a picture of our entire family playing ball on a sunny day. (She is the one on the right with bobbles in her hair.)

Here we are hiking a mountain, drawn by Adalie. (We love to hike and have a # of places we enjoy.)

Zoie and daddy on a date to the donut shop.  (Heavenly Donuts, I've heard are quite yummy.)

Kylia drew us fishing and floating.  (Our fishing location of choice-the Rogue River.)

Kylia also drew us in our kayak.  (All 5 of us have floated the Sound in our inflatable kayak.) 

4 comments:

  1. Way to go April and girls! The quilt is beautiful and what a treasured keepsake that will be for Seth as well as your entire family. And, you used your sewing machine! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea you were doing this! How awesome! I love it and hope I can see it in person someday soon!..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet and precious gift for Seth. How fun!

    ReplyDelete