Saturday, April 30, 2011

If I Were a Rich Man (or woman :)

Fiddler-on-the-Roof-m09.jpgSeth and I have talked about wanting to show the world how BIG our God is.  We have so many dreams of ways to give and bless, but so many of them have dollar signs attached.  So, today this song came to mind, "If I were a rich man, la-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee-doo."  (or something like that)

But what the Lord has been reminding me, is that I don't have to be rich to be generous.  I don't have to have money to show His love.  And so, to get my eyes on what the Lord is calling me to today, I wanted to make a list of things I can do now to show His love. 

1.   Write a letter of thanks or encouragement.
2.   Smile.
3.   Offer free babysitting.
4.   Invite friends over for popcorn and a movie.  (Fellowship with other believers is so important.)
5.   Sing.
6.   Give a hug.  (It's amazing how a hug can turn a day around.)
7.   Call a friend.  (It's nice to know you are being thought of.)
8.   Cuddle with my kiddos.
9.   Encourage my husband.
10. Invite someone to church.

All of these may seem simple, or even insignificant, but they could change the course of someone's day.  So, the Lord is encouraging me to continue to give.  To keep my eyes wide open.  To listen to His voice, and to be available. 

If you have ideas, please share!  It's amazing how God can speak through others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment