Friday, May 20, 2011

Remembering my Childhood


This is my dad. :)
As we were walking to the park, a friend of mine found a penny and with excitement picked it up.  Instantly, the Lord brought back to memory a story from my childhood that brought me so much joy. 

My family loved to go on walks.  We talked, threw a football, sang songs, raced each other, etc.  We were always thinking of new ways to make walks fun and one day dad came up with a doozy. 

As we were walking along, my sister looked down at the pavement and observed something shiny.  She squealed with delight as she discovered a dime waiting to be discovered.  Then a few steps further down the path, there lay yet another shiny treasure.  This got the three of us siblings excited as we now began a wonderful hunt for treasure. 

What we quickly discovered was that these treasures had not be waiting long for discovery, but dad was actually throwing them ahead of us simply to bring us delight. And so, a new adventure had begun, and to this day, walking with mom and dad, we may discover a shiny treasure in our path, and a daddy with a silly smile on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment