Monday, May 30, 2011

Women's Retreat Revelations

A few weekends ago I was blessed to be able to attend the women's retreat hosted by our church.  I have never been to a women's retreat before and truly didn't know what to expect.  What I discovered was that when you put a group of women together with a sole purpose of hearing the Lord speak, He Does. 

And God moved mightily in my life.

We discussed the thoughts of our mind.  We were shown different thoughts that the enemy may try to bring, thoughts of fear, doubt, insecurity, unbelief, depression, jealousy, failure, discouragement, etc. and were told that when we accept these thoughts as truth, we are sinning.  I never looked at it this way.  In fact I was a little irritated to hear that those thoughts were sin.  We were encouraged to ask for forgiveness for these thoughts, and then to believe that the Lord had forgiven and delivered us from them. 

And I am confident of this: God broke me free from fear, doubt, and insecurity which have all brought weakness.  I am now able to walk in the boldness of the Lord, because I am no longer going to listen to the voice of the enemy.  Oh, he will continue his attack, but I will no longer believe his lies. 

Thank you Jesus for your revelations that bring life and life to the fullest!

Oh, and we had a little fun too, racing at speeds of 35 mph down the beach!  We were wild women. :)

1 comment:

  1. You ARE a bold woman April! I have seen, first hand, that boldness blossom in you. I am so thankful for our friendship. You are amazing! Love you BIG and it was a very fun retreat indeed! Next time, I am hitting the beach with you all. :)

    ReplyDelete