Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

My brother-in-law is in the reserves and he and his wife (my sister) have given a lot for my freedom.  When my sister was 6 months pregnant he left for 6 months of training, leaving her with 3 of her own grown children and 2 twin boys they adopted that year from Haiti.  He came back for a few days when the baby was born and then had to leave for another 3 months in service to our country.  Leaving her to raise all 6 children on her own. 

Hundreds of thousands of men and women have given similar sacrifice so that I can live in freedom, so I can spend time with my children, so my husband can stay home and watch his girls grow up.    

Others have paid the ultimate sacrifice leaving behind wives, sons, children, daughters, husbands, so that I can live this wonderful life of freedom. 

So I wanted to pause and say, "THANK YOU, thank you for all you have given.  Thank you for your sacrifice.  Thank you for allowing yourself to live through times of fear, uncertainty, separation, instability, and deep sadness, for my family.  I am humbled and so grateful for your sacrifice." 

1 comment: