Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Invitation

I love my Adalie.  She blesses me continually, and this time brought such joy to my heart.  I was headed to the grocery store and decided to take only one child with me, and she was the lucky winner.  As we were heading out, she told me she wanted to invite someone to church, and so brought an invite card.  In the car she said that she had been practicing what she was going to say all day.  She shared her plan and I asked her if she wanted to pray.  She said yes, and so before we arrived at the store we prayed for the Lord to show us who to invite and give us the courage to do it. 

Almost immediately upon arrival, we spotted a mom and her daughter in the check-out.  Both Adalie and I noticed them and began heading in their direction.  Then Adalie tugged on my shirt and said, "Mommy, it's not them."  So, we turned around.  "This is really hard, mom," Adalie stated with a big sigh.  "I know, but the more we practice, the easier it will get," I said, "Remember, we prayed for Jesus to give us courage."

I then got in my "go" mode and hurried through the store to get the shopping done.  By the time we were heading to the check-out I had almost completely forgotten about our intended purpose.  All of a sudden Adalie grabbed my arm and said, "Mommy, I saw them."  We turned around, headed back two rows and she said, "They're down there."  As we walked down the aisle she said, "I want to do the talking, okay mom."  At the very end of the row was a mom with her daughter and Adalie walked right up to them and began talking.  "Our church meets at Regal, and we have breakfast every morning, and the kids get to play at Charlie Safari."  I pointed to the card Adalie had in her hand and she handed it to the mama.  I told the lady we would love for them to join us. 

As we walked away I asked Adalie how she felt it went, and with a big smile on her face she said, "That felt really good."  I was so proud of my little girl in that moment. 

Adalie's boldness is going to make an impact for the Kingdom of God, and I am thrilled that I get to be a part of it. 

4 comments:

  1. That is so neat! I love that she listens to the voice of the Lord in her heart. Way to go Adalie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Adalie!
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) An evangelist like her Mama. Way to go Adalie AND way to go April for modeling inviting others to church.

    ReplyDelete