Thursday, June 30, 2011

Always

What a terrible word!  I found myself speaking this word today in a sentence that wasn't positive.  I was instantly convicted and just wanted to spit.  Things have not always been this way or that.  We've had highs and lows.  We've been full of joy and full of sorrow.  We've known good days and bad days, days full of progress, hope, excitement, dreams, and other days that we've desired would just end so we could bury ourselves deep within the cavern of sleep.  "Always", what a terrible word to be used in such a blessed world.

In writing I realize in only one instance does this word speak accuracy, and that is when speaking of our God.  Because it is only with Him that we have "always".   HE is ALWAYS faithful.  HE is ALWAYS loving.  HE is ALWAYS with us.  HE is ALWAYS our provider.  HE ALWAYS cares.  HE is ALWAYS God.  It is only here that "always" becomes beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Love it and I agree. I love that you wanted to spit. Hee hee. I know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete