Thursday, June 30, 2011

Papoose

We were at our friend's house a few weeks back and they introduced us to the joys of the "papoose".  When I first heard this word, I wondered, "What is 'papoose', and why have I not heard of this before?"  So, I am here to explain it to you.  There will be no pictures, my apologies, due to the fact that my camera is playing hide-and-seek.  (It is currently winning.)  So, I will do my best to explain in detail.  

A papoose is simply a piece of cloth tied around one in such a way that an object can be carried inside.  Our object on this day was a rabbit.  Please imagine my daughter Adalie, papoose tied neatly around her neck, bunny burrowed inside, and the sweetest and most ginormous smile stretched across her face.  She was in heaven.  

Now, of course, this was not going to be a one time event.  Later in the week, all three girls were sporting their very own papooses, made from the most special of blankies.  Baby dolls tucked carefully inside and the roll of mother being practiced with grace and beauty.  

Later in the week however, the papooses, possibly being too difficult to tie, were exchanged for bungy cord, one baby, switched out for three premies, and the grace that once was, ....  well you get the picture.  

(Smiles remained ginormous, and were shared with all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment