Friday, May 20, 2011

Above and Beyond-Part 2

Coming out of the shower in the morning, I heard dishes clanking in the sink, and other noises coming from the kitchen.  I continued to get ready for the day, and when I emerged from my room there was my four year old standing on a chair by the sink, washing dishes.  The table was set for breakfast, and there was a big smile on her face.  "Mommy," she said, "I wanted to go above and beyond for you today." 

Then this afternoon, Adalie came running downstairs with a smile on her face and stated, "Mommy, come up here!  We have a surprise, but it is too big to bring to you."  So, up the stairs we went and there at the top of the stairs was a clean bathroom, clean bedroom and clean playroom.  Toys were put away, beds were made, clothes were picked up!  "We wanted to go above and beyond for you mommy!", Adalie shared, smiling from ear to ear.  All three girls stood there barely able to contain their excitement because of what they had accomplished. 

I wrote a post a little over a year ago about wanting to teach my girls the importance of doing their best in all situations, of going Above and Beyond what is asked, and now, a year later this lesson is still being remembered.   This may not happen all the time, but for today, YAY!  This makes me so happy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You girls go "above and beyond" lots of times for your mom.

    ReplyDelete