Sunday, October 30, 2011

Donuts and other Special Treats

"Mommy, I want to buy donuts for the family with money out of my piggy bank," Adalie shared joyously one cool, Fall day.  "I want to bless our family."  And bless us she did!  We drove to Heavenly Donuts, pink, piggy bank in hand, and we were all able to choose the most amazing donut we could find.  We then took them home and ate them, while we cuddled on the couch, and watched a movie.

I am confident this is God's heart for us.  He desires to bless us.  He desires to treat us.  Donuts are definitely not a necessity, but every once in a while they can be a special treat that puts a smile on our face. :) God wants to do that for us as well.  He wants to put a smile on our face.

This week I had to find sitters for three separate evenings.  This is something that I don't particularly enjoy doing and find it difficult to say the least.  God knew this about my week and He desired to bless me.  So, Monday I received a call from one of our Anthem students asking if she could watch our kids for small group on Friday.  Wow!  Of course!  Big Smile!  Tuesday, a friend called and asked if she could watch our kids for the class Seth and I are taking on Thursday.  This time tears came to my eyes, along with a smile.  Wednesday, we had other friends offer to watch the girls on Saturday for our Murder Mystery Dinner Theater we were attending.


God knew what was needed this week, and instead of saying, "Figure it out," He said, "I want to bless you.  Your sitters are taken care of."

We serve an amazing God who gives special treats to His children, and this week they came in the form of three beautiful people offering a beautiful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment