Friday, September 4, 2009

Dinner Gone Wrong

I have been experimenting lately! With the little we have in our pantry I have been excited to see the variety of meals I can make. The results, until last night, have been amazing. We've had complete meals. All the courses have complemented each other, and the girls have enjoyed most of them. Well yesterday something went terrible wrong. Let me explain. We were heading out the door for an afternoon playdate and we had a meeting that evening. I decided that I needed to figure out dinner and throw it in the crock-pot so it would be ready when we returned. So after observing the little we had, I began to experiment. Chicken. Chicken goes with everything! Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing. Hmmm. (People marinate chicken in Italian dressing, maybe this would be similar.) Frozen Raspberries! That should go with the dressing! I threw it all in and headed out the door. When I arrived home the house smelled wonderful! So I cooked some rice, and steamed some broccoli. This is when it started to go down hill. With everything cooking, I was in the bedroom talking to Seth when, "Something is burning!" came rushing out of his mouth. I'm thinking, "What could be burning?" We ran to the kitchen to find that the water had boiled out of the steamer and the pan was now black. I have never had this happen before. The broccoli was above the pan and looked fine, so I served it. As we sat down to eat Seth just began laughing. The broccoli tasted burned, and the chicken looked... Well let me describe it. The raspberry dressing turned the chicken pink. The raspberries came apart and made small, dark, pink spots all over. So we had a bowl of soupy, pink chunks, with dark pink dots all over. This I served on top of rice. What does this picture make you think of? That's right! It looked like vomit! I have never served anything that looked so similar to vomit in my life! Oy-EE-Vay. Dinner Gone Way Wrong! (No pictures. It was too gross!) Why is this something I want to remember? Well, I want to remember to never make it again!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Zoie was the only one who ate it all. And she usually does not eat her dinner. It looked real gross. I could not stop laughing. It tasted okay as long as I did not look at it. I love you. April. Very soon I will bring home the bacon, literally. Thanks for supporting my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would follow you anywhere honey! I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ted wants the recipe and a photo to tantalize his taste buds!!! You guys are hilarious!! I LOVE that Zoie ate ALL of it. Too funny... Got to love humor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are hilarious. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete