Saturday, September 19, 2009

How Old Are We?


Seth and I both have moments when we feel like little kids again. We feel as if we are playing house, Seth gets to play the daddy and I play the mommy. We wonder what God was thinking to intrust three beautiful little girls to us, two people who feel like children ourselves. We wonder how it is that we were given so much responsibility. We're just kids! But then yesterday we saw it! Gray Hair!! That's right! Gray Hair!! Seth found a gray hair on my head, and then I found four or five on his. How old are we? Aren't we still 18 and dating, our biggest concern being what restaurant to go to on our date? No! No! and NOOOOO!! We are now 31!!
But that doesn't seem too old. Yet the hair is there. The proof exists. We are parents, we do have responsibilities, we've been married for 10 almost 11 years, and we are getting older. There are times when this bothers me and others when I am so thankful. I am thankful when I realize that I am more in love with my man today than I was on the day we married. I am thankful when I see my three beautiful girls that I love so dearly. And I am truly thankful knowing that I don't have to go through puberty ever again.

Will we ever feel our age? I guess my hope is no. Why not feel young for as long as we can?

So my handsome man, you want to go to the prom? It could be fun!

1 comment:

  1. You two are adorable and will always be young, carefree and in love. It is a joy to be around you both and to see this continue, no matter how old you become. :) Miss you both!!

    ReplyDelete