Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Baking


I love baking. I love the smell that fills my home when fresh cookies are in the oven. I love the smiles that light up little faces as they enjoy their sweet treats. And yes, I love it when my treats disappear at parties. (I know, I have pride issues I need to overcome!)

This year my friend and I continued our Christmas baking tradition. We both came with two cookie recipes and baked all morning long. Our kids played quietly downstairs, (Yes, quietly! We kept looking at each other wondering if everything was okay.) and we baked and talked through the morning. We made Molasses Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes, Toffee Bars, and Peppermint Fudge! The winner in my family-Peppermint Fudge! Christmas baking is fun to do!

1 comment:

  1. Can I just say Yummy! I was blessed to eat a lil of all this stuff. :) You are one amazing baker Mrs. Himes!

    ReplyDelete