Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Perfect Tree


As we journeyed to the Christmas tree farm this year, the girls bundled with hats, scarves, mittens and boots, I realized how quickly my girls are growing up. Last year I found myself carrying Zoie much of the time, the girls stayed right by daddy or my side, and Seth and I chose the tree. This year they discovered, seemingly for the first time, the joy of picking the perfect tree.

All three girls went running in different directions through the tree farm. Then from my left I would hear, "I found the perfect tree!"
Behind another tree Adalie would come running and Zoie would peak her head out to see this perfect sight. All three would look it over, commenting on its beauty, and then continue on down the row. Again we would hear ring out, "I found the perfect tree!"
And this time Kylia and Zoie would come a-runnin'. It was so fun to see the glimmer of excitement on their faces as they ran from perfect tree to perfect tree.
Once found, with just a little help from mom and dad, all three girls loved it!
We got it tied to the roof of the car just as the sun was setting.
Daddy pulled a 'Dukes of Hazard' move, jumping in through the window, and we were off. (He intentionally roped the doors shut. Just in case you were wondering.) Pulling out of the tree farm Kylia said, "This was the best day ever!" And all three girls agreed!

4 comments:

  1. So cute!! What a fun story. I can't wait to see all of your beautiful faces so very soon. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fun! Glad you found the perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! I hope we get pictures of your perfect tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome - definitely making good memories - girls look so happy!

    ReplyDelete