Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Shopping

Monday was our day to shop. After dropping the girls off, (yes! it was just the two of us!!) Seth and I headed to the mall for a day of fun! (Did I mention we had the entire day?) We began with a little window shopping. Then quickly realized that we needed to gather our bearings. So, we sat down in the massage chairs in the middle of the mall and discussed. What were we really wanting? Who did we need to buy for? How much could we afford? What stores would have what was needed? With that decided, we pulled ourselves out of the super-comfy chairs and the shopping began. (Now this is where I have to be a little careful. I don't want to give anything away.) We went from one store to another, and I would like to say, we were quite successful! After two hours of shopping, we were ready for a break, and so we headed to the movies. Our movie of choice, Blind Side! (Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses and she played this role wonderfully.) I can't remember the last time Seth and I went to the movies just the two of us. I think this may need to become a Christmas tradition! After the movie, which ended at 2:00, we were famished. A stop at Subway for a $5.00 footlong, and a yummy, white chocolate, macadamia nut cookie, and we were ready to continue. We left the mall and headed to Target. Shopping for another two hours, we decided to call it a day. On our way to get the girlies, Seth suggested we stop at Starbucks for two steamed milks. (That's right, we don't like coffee, but steamers are super tasty!) With our gingerbread steamers in hand we talked for a bit, and reveled in the beauty of the day. What a success! Shopping, just me and my man!

1 comment: