Friday, October 30, 2009

Have Fun!


In his prayer time, my husband felt like the Lord was asking him to spend time in the Word every morning and to pray for direction (get a word) for himself and our family each day. He has been doing this on a consistent basis and it has been awesome to watch the hand of God moving in our family. As the spiritual head in our family he has encouraged me to do the same thing. So yesterday I was sitting on the couch, spending some time with the Lord, when Adalie came down. We read our Bibles together and then I told her that we should both get a word for the day. Her word was, "Have fun." After our devotion time was over, I told her that it was time to start school. She looked at me with confusion in her eyes and declared, "But mom, the word God gave me was, 'Have Fun!'

Oh, the preciousness of little children. It was awesome how God used Adalie's word as a tool for teaching. Right then and there we had an opportunity to talk to her about our attitudes and how we can choose to have fun in all we do, even in school. By the end of the day, she agreed that we Had Fun!!


1 comment: