Saturday, October 3, 2009

Relaxation


There are three things that to me say "Relaxing", a fire crackling and glowing, piano music gently playing, and dining with those I love. All three of these were found this last weekend when our family journeyed up to Mt. Rainier. What an amazing day! When we first arrived we hiked on a path that led us to a view of a very impressive glacier. The girls found a hole in a rock, we ate huckleberries growing freely along the path, and enjoyed the sights and sounds of nature. Once the loop was complete we headed up to the lodge. Paradise Lodge!! Wow! The atmosphere was wonderful! Fire places on both sides of the cozy lobby, a pianist quietly playing, couches and tables for intimate gatherings, the upper floor open to the lower with tables and chairs for playing games, reading, or talking quietly with your love. Perfect!
Dinner was delightful. The food was amazing and the molten chocolate cake melted in my mouth. As I sat there, savoring my dessert, it was as if the Lord was washing over me with His Spirit of peace and relaxation. It was a wonderful time!

Happy Birthday Grandma Marty! Thank you for letting us share together in your special day! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. It sounded like a really fun day for you guys. Wish I could have been there! Glad you had a great, relaxing time. :)

    ReplyDelete