Sunday, January 2, 2011

Blessings amidst the Yuckies

 Warning:  The language below may not be suitable for queezy tummies.

This Christmas brought with it many surprises.  One of those surprises came in the form of the flu.  That's right, our family came down with the flu on Christmas Eve!  Adalie came first, then Zoie on Christmas Day, and tag, Kylia was it the day after.  The flu is never fun, and as a mommy, it hard to see your babies hurting.  But amidst it all, I have to admit that I was blessed.  Each of my children lost their cookies (I apologize for any visual imagery this may bring),  Adalie and Zoie a number of times and Kylia in one explosive burst.  Every time, let me say it again, EVERY TIME they made it to the bathroom.  Once Adalie stated, "Mommy, it's time."  We made it to the bathroom in the nick of time.  Again, Zoie was playing while laying down, and Seth and I heard a noise, the lovely noise you hear when someone is about to lose their cookies.  As we ran out to her, we saw her hand over her mouth and fear in her eyes.  We rushed her to the bathroom and again no messes!  There was no clean-up, except for jammies needing to be laundered!!  If you are a mom, you understand the enormous blessing in this. 

Then came my girls sweet words.  Checking on them while they were resting, Adalie and Kylia stated at different times, "Mommy, you're so kind and gentle."  As my girls were feeling weak, missing out on Christmas festivities, unable to eat any of the Christmas goodies, they are telling me that I am kind and gentle.  They melted my heart.  When asked if they were doing okay, and if there was anything I could do to make them happy, they all responded, "Mommy, I am happy!" 

So yes, we had the flu on Christmas day, but the Lord allowed me to see His hand caring for me and my girlies amidst the yuckies.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. You are very blessed. And, for the continued record, I am so very sorry that you all got sick...I guess that is what happens when families spend time together in close quarters! I'm glad you are all feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that everyone is feeling better. It was still a good Christmas because we were all together.

    ReplyDelete