Saturday, January 22, 2011

Parenting

Back in November, our pastor took a survey on what parents believed were the five most important aspects of parenting.  I have been thinking about this for quite some time in an attempt to articulate what I believe those are.  After much thought I came to the conclusion that I can only think of three. :) 

All three center around one theme, "Time". 

1. Time with the Lord.

2. Time with my spouse.

3. Time with my children.  

I really believe that if we spend time with the Lord, making sure that He comes first in our lives, that we are hearing His voice and following His leading, then we will find that we will desire our husband more, enjoy being in his presence, and from that will flow the ability and energy to love and care for our children correctly. 

I am currently 32 years old.  In writing this I think it might be fun to look back when I am 52, with another 20 years of experience under my belt, and see if I still believe these to be true.  Will I look back and laugh out loud?  Will I have a few more points to add (like 4 &5)?  Whatever the case may be, I know for now it is good for me to articulate these. 





3 comments:

  1. Well said, April. I agree with you. You are much wiser than I was at 32!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I think number 4 is time with extended family. The more unconditional love your children receive the more confident they become.
    Of course I say this so you will come down and spend time with us! See you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen and amen and AMEN!! totally agree with all of this! :)

    ReplyDelete